
I really have no excuses for not updating the blog...I just haven't done it. I'm sorry, I will work on catching up. Addison has grown up so much since we last posted in October. I am amazed by her everyday. We love her so much and are excited to add a baby boy to our family in June. I think she will be a great big sister. I wanted to document what happened today for her. Since last May, Addison has had her fair share of ear infections (7 to be exact!) We were referred to an ENT after she had number six to see what he would suggest. March 17th was the day we met with the ENT and she actually had fluid behind both ear drums at the appointment. After consulting with them we decided that she would have tubes put in both ears. Today was the big day. She was the youngest patient, so she got to be first. We went to the hospital at 7:00 AM, checked in, answered questions and changed her into her hospital gown. In the middle of our meeting with the Anethesioligist she said "Bye," like she wanted him to be gone. At 7:15 AM she took something orally that would start to make her drowsy, so she would be okay to go with the nurse. The doctor came and met with us at 7:45 AM and then the nurse came and got her. Mark and I were able to wait in her recovery room, I read and Mark slept. The doctor came in at about 8:10 AM and was joking with Mark. He said, "I guess I wasn't fast enough if you were able to fall asleep." Five minutes later they brought Addison back to us. She was just a bit fussy when they put a monitor on her foot but after that she was very mellow and fell asleep in my lap while I was holding her. Addison was quite a trooper, we are so proud of her. We are hoping now that Addison has tubes in her ears, she can drain the fluid that gets into her ears and stop the ear infections. Here are some pictures from our adventure today, I think she looked pretty cute in her little hospital gown.

In the car early this morning...looking thrilled!

Outside the waiting room with dad.


These two are of her cute hospital gown...the socks in the bottom picture make her look like a duck!

Back at home and back to normal!
5 comments:
HOORAY for an update!!! I hope I wasn't too harsh before about wanting to see an update ;) I'm so glad she did well with the surgery and hope it helps with infections. She sure is a cute girl and will be a great big sister to little brother! I love her little gown and yellow socks :) Love you guys!!!
Katie,
You weren't too harsh...thanks for giving me the motiviation I needed to do an update. Hope to add some more soon.
I hope this solves her ear infections! It's sad she had to go through that, but she sure looks cute!
It looks like she did so well! I love that little hospital gown...and I'm glad she wasn't wearing it for something more serious! She is a doll! And keep updating, this will be fun!
Oh and I'm not sure if I ever invited you to my blog...send me your email and I will! aubscott23@yahoo.com
Wow! Congrats on baby boy on the way! What a cute little patient was your daughter. She is so big. Maybe we should have our kids meet someday...
Post a Comment