Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Update on Addison

I am sure that many of the people that read our blog probably already know that Jana delivered our beautiful daughter Addison on July 27, 2009 at Alta View Hospital. The delivery went very quick and Jana was able to be discharged the next day after delivering. She did very well and is a great mom. The same day that Addison was born we found out that she had some infection and would need to be transferred to another hospital where she would receive the proper care for her infection. She has been on antibiotics for a little over a week now and should be home in less than a week if everything goes as planned. She has had to have pic lines and IVs so life has not been the funnest for her. In the time that I have spent with my daughter I can tell that she has a strong spirit and will make it through this illness. She has one of the cutest little smirks that we will see more as her health improves. I want to let you know that we appreciate the prayers that have been given on our behalf and know that we have seen those work in the milestones that have already happened. Please keep us in your prayers because we definately need them.

4 comments:

Brent and Jessica said...

She is so cute. Thanks for letting me come and visit Jana! I really had a good time.

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

You are all in our prayers! She is just the cutest thing! Love you!

Wallace Family said...

It's so funny... I can see Addison more now that when we shared a room with her :) LOL We sure miss our favorite NICU neighbors! But we are happy for you to be home with your beautiful little girl :) ~hugs~

Annika said...

From the entry above I can see that you have already brought little Addison home :)
How are you three doing? I hope you have a great time with your little one!