Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's been a long time...sorry!

Well...it's been a while since we found out we are having a little girl. We have been to register and it made it seem even more real. I think Mark is getting more excited that it is a girl!

On the day that we found out we were having a girl, my sister had her baby girl. Lucy Jean Warner had to stay in the NICU for almost one month with an over active pancreas and trouble swallowing. She was born at 9 lbs. 9 oz. Lucy got to come home on April 11th. The day we were celebrating my birthday. Jon and Katie brought her over or about an hour. What a perfect gift...it was nice to be able to hold her without her feeding tube.
Mark and I were able to go see Wicked on my birthday. That was also a nice present. It was just as good as when I drove to Denver with some friends to see it. I'm glad Mark was able to experience it with me. We had been given some gift cards to The Outback Steakhouse, so that is where we went for dinner before the show. I had a nice birthday this year. I was also given a gift card from the ladies I work with to buy some maternity clothes. What a blessing that was.


I have gotten bigger since we last posted as well. This picture is when I am about 27 weeks along. I can't believe how fast it seems to be going. I am going to be 30 weeks this week. I am feeling the baby move more and Mark has even been able to feel her some. She has a pretty good kick.


The bookcase in the background was refinished by my dad. It was a bookcase he made a long, long time ago. They were going to get rid of it and decided to see if I would like it. I jumped at the chance, since I have so many books. I think I could probably fill up three bookcases this size. Thanks mom and dad, it looks great.


I have also been busy being crafty. I embroidered a wall hanging for Mark's mom for Mother's Day, and one for Lucy. Those both had to be finished up this week. Mark helped me paint the frames. I think they turned out very nice.
For a Relief Society enrichment activity I started making an apron which I will have to finish once school is out...14 days and counting! This is a picture of The Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt that my mom is going to help me make for our baby. I think it is super cute and it is one of my favorite Eric Carle books. I hope I can make it look half way decent. I'm not so good at using a sewing machine.
This last picture is from Friday night. Katie, Jon and Lucy drove to Denver early Saturday morning. Jon will be working in Denver and my sister is gone. I sure will miss them...good thing we have phones. Mark is great, he let me spend the night just being with my sister. I probably held Lucy for a good hour and a half. Can't wait till we can go and visit them, but it will probably have to wait until our baby comes. We don't want to take any chances.

I will try to be better about posting. School is almost out and I might have a little bit more time then (for a few months anyway.) I can't believe I have been teaching for six years. It's been a good journey and I have learned so much. Hopefully some of what I have learned will help me be a good mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. It was so good to see you guys and thanks again for the yummy lasagne. I need to go buy stamps and send an official "thank you." I sure hope your Mom's arm is feeling better!

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

What a fun post! I feel all caught up now :) Hope you are still feeling good! Love ya.

Stan and Jewel said...

excuse me but who preped the book case................?