Those of you that know me, know that I have a passion for cars. I have loved cars ever since I was little and will probaby continue this passion throughout the rest of my life. One of my youngest nephews also shares this interest and I get a little giddy when he decides to play with cars or watch the movie Cars. I would have to officially say that the creators of the movie Cars are great people for making a movie that I could get into and kept my attention for more than an hour. I have never been diagnosed with ADD but claim that I have a special condition called "Movie ADD," because of my inability to sit through a whole movie without falling asleep or getting bored.
As I have watched this movie I have noticed two things that stand out quite a bit, cars and Route 66. For our honeymoon, Jana and I were able to travel on part of Route 66 and see some scenery that we think was motivation for some of the scenes and characters in the movie Cars. After driving through this town and seeing these cars we had to purchase the movie Cars soon after our arrival in Pinetop, AZ. We thought it would cool if we could share these pictures with our family and friends. We hope you enjoy them.
Wigwam Motel in Holbrook, AZ, inspiration for the Cozy Cone Motel
Here are a few Cars character look-alikes.
From left to right: Hudson Hornet, Tow Mater and Ramone.
Feel free to check out the website listed below to see if you notice the similarities that we saw:








6 comments:
Those are GREAT pictures!! I love the one that is a lot like Mater.
That's pretty neat that you were able to see the inspiration for those characters and town. I watched the making of cars, and that was what the film makers were going for, life. Did you go to the car show this weekend?
I had a really good time at the car show. There were a lot of great cars and I was in good company because your dad had gone with me. He really liked the F-150, Cadillacs and Mustangs.
Very cool. Too bad you guys didn't actually stay in the tee pee hotel - that would have been awesome!
I have actually stayed in those teepees! I was just a young girl with my parents, on our way to Texas. It was a blast! These pictures totally took me back! Thanks...
I have to tell you when I showed these pictures to Carter it went like this:
me: "What do these pictures remind you of?"
Carter: "The beach?"
me: "No"
Carter: "The circus?"
me: "No. What movie do they remind you of?"
Carter: "I don't know."
I guess we haven't watched that movie for a long time...
Post a Comment