
This was our first Christmas together and it has been filled with many great memories. It was filled with old traditions and possibly some new traditions.
We hope that all of you have had an enjoyable holiday and remember what Christmas means to you. Whether it is a special time of the year that is spent with family, or the birth of our beloved Savior. May you all enjoy the wonderful holiday season.
Jana's family has a Christmas Eve tradition of eating pizza by candlelight so we went over there for dinner and to sing some traditional Christmas songs around the piano. After visiting with her family we ventured over to spend some time with my parents and watch " The Christmas shoes". It was a very good movie and I tried to be a helpful husband by wiping away her tears but I guess that I was smearing them across her face. I was starting to get a little teary eyed but I think that I would have to attribute that to the fact that I have sinuses. The truth is I was actually a little emotional because the show was very sad.
Christmas came and went very quickly but it was filled with many great memories of those we love the most, our family. Our main present for each other were these coats that we had found at Cabelas. My coat had arrived at the store but Jana's was on a backorder so I inquired with one of the associates that was ringing me up at the Sports Authority. She called one of their other stores and they actually had the coat that we wanted in stock so we bought it there instead. In the morning we went to Jana's parents and enjoyed a delicious brunch after we had finished unwrapping our presents. We then ventured over to my parents and enjoyed spending time with them even though the power had gone out at their house. It truly has been a Christmas that will be remembered for a very long time and it was nice to be able to spend it with our family.
We hope that all of you have had an enjoyable holiday and remember what Christmas means to you. Whether it is a special time of the year that is spent with family, or the birth of our beloved Savior. May you all enjoy the wonderful holiday season. 


1 comment:
Yay for traditions. It was great spending time with you for Christmas. I agree that it goes by way too quickly. Careful what you go crying about, if it isn't the "right" thing you're going to get into trouble. I can fill you in later. Love you guys!
Post a Comment