My beautiful wife teaches school in Utah so she is able to enjoy a 4-day weekend known as Fall Break(UEA Weekend). I did not want her to be lonesome at home so I decided that I would take Friday off and spend it with her. We had been planning a small trip for a couple weeks and decided that we would go to bed and breakfast in Providence, Utah.

We stayed at the Providence Inn which has been around since the 1800's. It was originally a LDS chapel that was used by the early pioneers and has gone through several
different renovations since then. We stayed in the Autumn Room which was a room that was constructed in the attic of this church building, which is an accommodation fitting those who are short in stature, though we still both bumped our heads. The hospitality was outstanding and we had an enjoyable stay.
different renovations since then. We stayed in the Autumn Room which was a room that was constructed in the attic of this church building, which is an accommodation fitting those who are short in stature, though we still both bumped our heads. The hospitality was outstanding and we had an enjoyable stay. Before we arrived at this fine establishment we had to stop and replenish Jana's supply of makeup. On our way to pick up the makeup we had seen a 1964 Chevy Nova coupe and I wanted to stop to see what the owners had done to it. I have a special place in my heart for bright red classic cars and had to stop but knew that we were on our way somewhere so I pleaded for Jana to let me see it during our stay in Logan and Providence. Jana's intuition told her that I really did not want to go watch her buy makeup so she told me that I could go look at the car while she was buying makeup. This made me very happy and I was able to scope out the Nova!

Later that day we played with the children of our friend Wendi and were able to spend some time with her mother, Melanie. She played with Kate and I played with Carter. He wanted me to help him find worms and in our search for worms we found two centipedes, two grasshoppers and one worm. After digging for worms we went for a walk to the park and enjoyed playing with the children. Jana and I had a lot of fun playing with the kids and I think that we wore ourselves out playing with them but it was a lot of fun. This trip helped me to realize some of the great joys in life and see life through the eyes of a child. Spending time with Jana and our dear friends has helped me to remember that life is to be enjoyed, not just endured!!




3 comments:
Sounds like you two had a great time. I'm glad you were able to get away for the weekend, it really is needed sometimes. Especially when you teach kids all week long. And Mark, I'm glad you were able to scope out that sweet car, looks like it would be fun to drive.
We were soooooo glad you came and I know the kids had a blast playing with you. Mark, you are seriously such a stud to pay attention to Carter like you do - he ADORES you. And it goes without saying that both kids love you, Jana. Please come up as often as you can! I promise to make you cookies every time and quesadillas too if you want!
What a fun weekend-the Inn looked so quaint. My kind of place. Come down to see us soon!
Post a Comment